Tuesday, January 27, 2009

wrestling entry 1

OK, so Dave, my wrestling coach, told me to write wrestling "diaries" about what i learned in wrestling practices + tourneys. So, instead of going thru the hassle of writing everything about past practices, ima write about what were significant to me. Here goes!

Anywayz, what wrestling has been great so far. Been alot of fun, and it's what has been keeping me fit (and motivated to be fit) since i started UBC this year. What a ride it's been..from having no mats, playing soccer in the SUB (KARATE CLUB VS WRESTLING CLUB IN SOCCER! that was too good - forgot what the score was, but it downrite fun), to having a home at PW and having mats! It really has been a wild ride so far - we had to sneak out our mats (with teh vry few men that we had) out of behind the SUB theatre. I still remember what an a$$ the theatre owner was - my coach asked politely if we could quietly move our mats while the movie was playing, and the skinny/tall owner said in his steve urkle voice "no, how about u leave now?". Luckily, my coach oersuaded him to let us move those mats. PICTURE THIS: a team of wrestlers, scavengers desperate for a home, working our asses off to move mats *QUIETLY* through the back of a PITCH BLACK theatre into a THIN hall and then into a truck! What a nite, and i won;t ever forget it. Luckily we got a home now, and that's PW, where we had my visiting beginners, only to hav a handle of STAYERS. And so real wrestling practice begins!

No comments: